Question:
what is the best way to measure the optimum "cruising speed" of a motor boat for best gas mileage?
nancylou
2006-02-16 13:56:34 UTC
We have a 26 foot cruiser - needless to say, we want to use the least amount of gas possible while running it.
Two answers:
bry2kicbm
2006-02-16 13:58:49 UTC
just after you plane off. this is when the bow levels off and your making less wake (pushing less water b/c the hull is higher out of the water)
edchristl
2006-02-17 00:43:57 UTC
Run your boat till it planes out and then run 3/4 throtle for optimum cruising and best gas milage