Question:
Is there any website where I can find tutorials on basic theory in Yachting?
2006-04-07 00:05:37 UTC
Is there any website where I can find tutorials on basic theory in Yachting?
Four answers:
2006-04-07 00:12:19 UTC
Theory of yachting?

I don't think there is a theory, it's fact, people do it.

Maybe you are looking for techniques?
2006-04-07 12:00:28 UTC
The RYA website will give you more information on practical and shorebased courses that are available relating to yachts:

Navigation & Seamanship Theory:

http://www.rya.org.uk/Courses/navigationseamanshiptheorycourses.htm

Sail Cruising Courses:

http://www.rya.org.uk/Courses/sailcruisingcourses.htm

They also have an online shop with an extensive range of books on the subject.

Good Luck and Happy Sailing!
davidafarber
2006-04-08 05:59:53 UTC
Check out:

http://www.hoofersailing.org/

http://www.hoofersailing.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=33&Itemid=127

It is the University of Wisconsin sailing club site. Some great sailors have come from there including the Harken brothers. They also have a great instruction program.
sarch_uk
2006-04-07 07:13:41 UTC
Here's some

http://www.boatingoz.com.au/learnlinks.htm