Question:
Who is a better surfer, Fanning or Burrow?
nightsurfer
2006-04-17 17:59:30 UTC
Who is a better surfer, Fanning or Burrow?
Three answers:
col_parker
2006-04-18 16:51:02 UTC
For pure innovation and raw, natural talent, I'd go with Taj.

For fast, fluid, aggressive energy and a likely future World Champ, I'd go with Fanning.

Interesting question because both of those guys are sickeningly talented and two of the most exciting surfers in the world to watch.

I'd also list both those guys as the two most under-exposed surfers in the US surf mags (I don't know about everyone else, but I'm sick to death of Andy, Bruce, Kelly, The Hobgood twins and their creepy Florida brethren, the Lopez brothers...and don't even get me started on tombstone-toothed Jon-Jon Florence).

More Fanning! More Taj!
redunicorn
2006-04-18 02:53:12 UTC
Burrow