Question:
What rod action for largemouth bass should I use when im fishing a 6'6 ft rod?
Matt
2006-04-09 18:58:50 UTC
What rod action for largemouth bass should I use when im fishing a 6'6 ft rod?
Four answers:
?
2006-04-09 21:52:14 UTC
Depends upon what type of "Lure" or presentation you wish to use. For a "Spinner-bait" I like a "Medium/fast" action. For "Crank-baits" I like a "Slow/medium" action. "Top-water" should be "Medium/medium". "Worm & Jig" would be "Fast/medium". Obviously, you have already purchased some type of "6'6" Rod. Check the printing near where it tells you the lenght. It may also tell you the "action".

Generally, a good "fast to medium" rod can do the job of many. However, for crankbaits you definitley want a "noodle" of a rod. It helps the action of the lure and will help you also land more "crankbait fish".

call your local sporting goods store or bait shop and they can tell you more .
BladeSmith
2006-04-15 19:00:45 UTC
I prefer a fast taper ( most action is in the tip). This action has a lot of back-bone for horseing them out of brush or other cover where most bass are found.
bassfish
2006-04-15 04:26:57 UTC
MEDIUM HEAVY, will work with most any thing you throw , that way you can have the one pole and fish with different baits.
bubba21
2006-04-11 02:02:28 UTC
Depends on what you are throwing. let me know what you like to use and I will give my thoughts